These turn to CM Advocates for such guidance, legal opinions/advisory and representation. Besides our deep knowledge and practical experience, we have a good appreciation of the unique roles of international organizations and foreign missions that allow us to offer practical solutions that encompass both the Kenyan laws position as well as applicable international laws and treaties.
Our services for multilateral diplomatic missions include drafting of contracts and agreements, labour and employment advisory, real estate and construction, tax laws and immigration law advisory. Our work for multilateral organisations, foreign embassies and consulates includes providing assistance in the following areas: –
- Diplomatic Privileges and Immunities under the Immunities Act of the Kenya, as well as Kenya and international laws, conventions and host agreements affecting foreign embassies and their governments.
- Financial and other aspects of foreign mission activities, such as banking relationships, professional services agreements, and financial transactions.
- Real estate leases, property acquisition and transactions, location and status of embassies, real property improvements and construction contracts.
- Facilitate cost-efficient expansion of home-country businesses in the Kenya and within
the East Africa Community, including establishing Kenya or regional operations that are
in compliance with Kenya or regional regulatory requirements, including:
- Obtaining approvals relevant govern mental authorities;
- Advising on applicable tax and other statutory registrations; Drafting and review of cooperation agreement or joint ventures;
- Labour and employment laws
- Drafting and review of co-operation agreement or joint ventures;
- Labour and employment laws advisory;
- Introductions to key players in the marketplace;
- Technology transfer agreements;
- Cross-border protection of intellectual property
- Personnel taxation matters for foreign officials, employees, and non-Kenyan citizens.
- Assist efforts to attract investment by Kenyan companies into the client’s home country by working with consulates and associated foreign trade organizations.