* Type a keyword then press Enter
Cyrus Maina -Managing Partner
Cyrus is a Partner in the Firm and he holds an LLB Degree from the University of Nairobi and a Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law. He was admitted to the Bar as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya in 2006. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K)) and also a Certified Public Secretary (CPS (K)).
He has acquired great expertise in the following areas of law: property law and conveyancing, banking securities, capital markets, commercial and corporate law, share deals, company secretarial services, immigration law, labour and employment advisory, aviation law, concessions and PPPs transactions, tax law advisory, businesses registration and not-for- profit organizations, legal, compliance and forensic audits and company secretarial services.
Cyrus normally advises clients on the following types of transactions, amongst others: -
- Real estate transactions and conveyancing, including general property law advisory on sub-division, change of user and extension of lease, property holding companies, land purchase or sales transactions, preparation or review of real estate joint ventures arrangements and financing of such transactions;
- Preparation and perfection of various forms of banking securities including simple and complex charges and debentures;
- Tax advisory services including giving tax law legal opinions, advising on the of the most tax implications on commercial transactions, and processing of tax exemptions for clients, where applicable;
- Businesses registration and set-up for both local and international clients and offering pre- and post-incorporation or offering generally legal advice on legal regimes governing various sectors;
- Registration of not-for-profit organizations including trusts, societies, churches, foundations and NGOs;
- Immigration law including processing work permits and passes for foreign investors and directors and expatriate employees and their dependents;
- Crafting and review of various agreements including, shareholders’ agreements, share purchase agreements, business or asset transfer agreements, hive down agreements, franchise, distributorship and agency agreements as well as concession and PPPs agreements;
- Conducting legal and compliance audits as well as legal forensic audits; and
- Corporate restructuring and financing arrangements, winding up and receiverships.
- +254 721 896790